For those of you who have signed up to volunteer at the Columbus Marathon this Sunday, here is some important information to know before hand:
- Our stop's captain is Randy Pacheco and his cell phone for day of emergencies and questions is 401-573-6972.
- Where to Show Up? The corner of Parsons and Livingston across from the CVS and Hospital and Panera.
- Where to park? Street parking is available all around that area. There is also a parking garage at the hospital which may cost $2 to park in.
- What to Wear? Dress warmly as it will be cold! Make sure to wear layers!
- What to bring? Please try to leave all valuables at home. You may bring drinks and snacks if you’d like, but keep in mind that there are not great places to store anything at the stop. If you could also bring any rakes and pitchers that you may have this will be helpful, but make sure you label whatever you bring in.
- The drink station layout is pictured below: PLEASE DO NOT GO PAST THE LINE MARKED ON THE GROUND WHEN HANDING OUT WATER. Everyone must wear gloves when serving the water and Gatorade.
- Please make sure you are yelling out what you are holding in your hand so the runners know.